You Can Accommodate Children with a Variety of Needs in Your Classes!
All children come with a unique set of needs. Discover effective techniques to bring yoga to all children. This Certificate gives you an introduction to Inclusive Yoga with information, resources, and class plans for groups that are not always represented in typical yoga materials.
- Introduction to understanding children with special needs, including children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), Anxiety, and Different Abilities
- Yoga for Boys as a special population – so boys don’t continue to think of yoga as a “girl thing.”
- Yoga Sensitivity – how to introduce yoga to children in a way that respects all cultures, religions, and those of no religion that is extremely school friendly too.
Guest Teacher - Raven McRorie: We examine the report on racism in the school system and what that means for BIPOC as students and teachers.
Guest Teacher - Yasuko Tanaka: Teaching Yoga to children on the Autism Spectrum
- Comparisons of a session with kids in a typical yoga class and yoga with kids with different needs.
- Sample lesson plans for children of different ages using specialized props and stories to enhance the teachings.
- How to set up your classroom to minimize distracting elements.
- Use of Visual Schedules and Visual Antecedent Procedures to ease anxiety.
- Strategies for involving and interviewing parents, caregivers and teachers.
- Using the poses of the Sun Salutation to engage children in short yoga exercises and longer sequences.
Yoga Practicum: Observe your trainers teaching kids yoga classes and plan and teach a 40 minute yoga class to children
- And much more…