Trainer Talk about the Yoga Alliance 2021 Online Training Provisions and Registering a School
Welcome to the Trainer Talk Show Notes
This section is for Yoga Teachers to explore their thoughts on become a Trainer.
We talk about announcements in the yoga world, how this affects yoga teacher training, Yoga Alliance, and grapple with how to move forward to become a trainer.
Here are the relevant links of the issues we talked about . In this Trainer Talk we look at:
The Yoga Alliance announced Online Training Provisions, Lead Trainer requirements and new timelines,
- Info on Yoga Alliance Website: https://www.yogaalliance.org/New_RYS_Standards/2021_RYS_Online_Exemption
- YouTube Video with YA Q&A about new Standards https://youtu.be/2ePN1R5dOxE?t=1489
- YouTube video of YA Interview with the Connected Yoga Teacher about YA Standards https://youtu.be/MiVZcCzIwyc
How to offer a Yoga Alliance Registered School Training in 2021 and what goes into a syllabus and manuals for the new YA Standards,
- Competencies: https://www.yogaalliance.org/Portals/0/new%20standards/Core_Curriculum_Educational_Categories.pdf
- For the application – sort by sub-competencies, not just the competencies
- Each application is a minimum of 48 entries to fulfill all the sub-competencies, with a minimum of 30 minutes in each one
How to offer a 200 Hour Training not registered with Yoga Alliance,
- Yoga is unregulated – some states have tried to regulate but YA steps in to argue that it is a self-regulated industry
- Build your credibility whether its as a personal authority in the field, or you have a number of students
- Go on people’s podcasts, get interviewed, article for the local newspaper, build your website/online presence
Question & Answer- Starting a 200 Hour Yoga School
- How to lead a YTT Online - tech or teaching methodology? Using Teachabe or Thinkific to host videos and Zoom for live classes. If you are a Yoga Alliance member, there is a discount for Teachable - look on the Yoga Alliance website here.
Ambassador Yoga has a Launch Your Training in January Program:
- Timelines needed to get your school approved by Yoga Alliance are 6 - 8 weeks just to get Yoga Alliance to look at the application
- Give yourself 2 - 3 months to get your training approved.
- Start now if you want to launch a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in January so you can take advantage of the online training provisions for 2021.
- There are options for both Yoga Alliance and Non-YA 200 Hour Training paths
Use the Free Info Night Kit to Test Before you Buy
Ask your students what they want and see if you have enough interest to use the Ambassador Yoga Program.
We are opening up the Trainer Fast-Track program for a limited number of new Trainers who want to start training in 2021.