About the Themes and Dreams Certifcate
The Themes and Dreams Certificate features simple postures and meditations that can be safely taught with little explanation. The focus is on creating lesson plans using themes. Starting with the Young Yoga Masters curriculum you’ll see powerful examples of how to take your classes from good to awesome! Then you’ll get the tools to see how easy it is to create lesson plans with new themes. In this weekend workshop you will discover:
- Themes that Bring Yoga Alive for Kids: Get lesson plans that tell you exactly how to explain powerful concepts in kid-friendly ways, like yoga, meditation, mindfulness, and stress relief. These are put in simple terms like you’ve never heard before! You'll relate to yoga more deeply so you can effectively explain these ideas to children.
- Meditations that Kids Ask For: Yes, that’s right. It’s not uncommon for children to come in and ask for these meditations once they’ve experienced them!
- If You’re Going to Dream – Dream BIG! Lessons based on stories and folk tales that inspire kids to let go of worry, relax, imagine and dream big. Stories that make it fun for teachers to bring yoga to kids. Most importantly, they are written in neutral language that is suitable for any environment.
- The Kids Yoga Class Creator: A lesson plan template to guide you through developing your own kids yoga classes for different ages, time frames, and settings from the living room to the studio.
- Quick Yoga: Quick, everyday tools for calming and centering.
- Rejuvenation: An amazing course to connect with others and nourish your soul. This training is about practical, personal, and professional development. It’s full of imagination and fresh ideas.
- Yoga Camp Practicum: You'll be guided to complete your kids yoga practicum component. You'll observe your lead trainers teaching kids yoga and then you'll teach from the assigned curriculum and get feedback to help you develop as a kids yoga teacher.
Look Inside the Themes and Dreams Certificate
Teach Yoga principles in a way that awakens the imagination of kids to dream big!
- Welcome Video - Themes and Dreams (4:28)
- How this Module will Work
- Your Link to Join the Zoom Calls
- Join the Teachers' Facebook Group
- Stay Connected - Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
- Use this Spotify Playlist for the Training
- PDF - Themes and Dreams - Masterlist of Activities
- PDF - Full Manual for Themes and Dreams
- PDF - Worksheets to Print for Training
- Recommended Resources for Themes and Dreams
- Flowers Blooming Song for Meditation
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan 1: What is Yoga? p. 100 (57:48)
- VIDEO - Yoga Breathing: Methodology and Props p. 64 (32:51)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan 2: What is Meditation? p. 109 (51:07)
- VIDEO - Effective Ways to Teach Meditation to Children p. 116 (5:14)
- Creating Structure in Your Kids Yoga Class p. 13
- Kids and Teen Yoga Class Creator Templates p. 25
- Teen Lesson Plan: Authentic Relationships p. 140
- Teen Lesson Plan: Finding Your Path p. 141
- Creating a Teen Lesson Plan of Your Own
- VIDEO - Yoga Class: Meditation for Relief from Stress and Kriya for Elevation (82:00)
- VIDEO - How to do downward dog tunnel in an online class (43:15)
- VIDEO - Teaching breathing and balloon game (36:24)
- VIDEO - Sa Ta Na Ma Meditation, instructions and reference in manual (12:31)
- VIDEO - Understanding Practicum Requirements (29:27)
- VIDEO - Practicum Question and Answer (41:55)
- VIDEO - Part 1: Group Discussion on Lessons Learned from Teaching your Practicum Class (41:55)
- VIDEO - Part 2: Group Discussion on Lessons Learned from Teaching your Practicum Class (75:05)
Registration and Pricing for 16 Hour Certification:
Regular Price: $425*
$50 Savings with Special Online Training Price
*Plus applicable taxes.
This amount is in Canadian dollars. Please check your currency.
Online training gives you no-frills pricing for extra savings. Students can print their own manuals from PDF's provided. Students have the option of purchasing props from a list of recommended resources.
Your 16 Hour Certificate from our Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School, is emailed to you at the successful completion of all modules and course work.
Partial Scholarships: Those whose income has been interrupted may request a code for a partial scholarship when they complete the Course Application. The maximum scholarship is $100 OFF per 16 Hour Certificate.
3 Step Registration Process
There are 3 steps to complete your registration for the 16 Hour Certificate.
- Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy. By registering you acknowledge your agreement with the Release and Waiver Form and Refund Policy.
- Complete the Course Application here.
- Remit your payment online or through e-transfer.
Your registration is not confirmed until payment and application form are received.
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy Here.
Save with the 95 Hour Training Bundle!
Sign up for the entire 95 Hour Certificate and save $510
16 Hour Training: $375*
96 Hour Training: $1740* (That's $290 per 16 Hour Module)
*plus applicable taxes
Find out more about the full 95 Hour Certificate here.