Become a Kids Yoga Teacher!
Young Yoga Masters has received permission from Yoga Alliance to offer the Registered Children's Yoga School* training online until Sept. 30, 2020.
Join this practical and comprehensive training starting live online on April 18. Now you can become a confident kids yoga teacher with a Yoga Alliance Certification you can be proud to put on your resume.
Who is This Children's Yoga Teacher Training is for?
- School Teachers, Supply Teachers, and Principals
- Early Childhood Educators, Teaching Assistants, and Daycare Managers
- Yoga Teachers
- Parents, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents
- Youth Leaders and Community Leaders
- Counselors, Doctors, Pediatricians, and Health Promoters
- all those who care for children's physical and emotional health and well-being
Choose Young Yoga Masters Registered Children's Yoga School to mentor and support you on your path to teaching yoga, meditation, and mindfulness to children.
* Note: You do not need to be a yoga teacher to take the Young Yoga Masters training. However, to become a Registered Children's Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance you need both your 200 Hour Certificate (Adult) from a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School and the 95 Hour Certificate from a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School. See full details on the Yoga Alliance website here. Or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here.
96 Hour Certificate
Regular Price: $2190*
Save $450 with Online Training:
This amount is in Canadian dollars. Please check your currency.
Online training gives you no-frills pricing for extra savings. Students can print their own manuals from PDF's provided. Students have the option of purchasing props from a list of recommended resources.
Your 96 Hour Certificate from our Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School, is emailed to you at the successful completion of all modules and course work.
Partial Scholarships: Those whose income has been interrupted may request a code for a partial scholarship when they complete the Course Application. The maximum scholarship is $300* OFF.
*plus applicable taxes where required by law.
3 Step Registration Process
There are 3 steps to complete your registration for the 96 Hour Certification starting April 18, 2020.
- Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy. By registering you acknowledge your agreement with the Release and Waiver Form and Refund Policy.
- Complete the Course Application here.
- Remit your payment online or through e-transfer.
Your registration is not confirmed until payment and application form are received.
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy Here.
This Comprehensive Training Includes:
This Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School training is by application only. it includes:
- live calls,
- pre-recorded material,
- practicum homework assignments,
- and comprehensive PDF's of your manuals
- PDF's of activity and colouring pages for kids yoga activities
See the module descriptions below for full details.
Themes and Dreams
16 Hour Certificate
- Sat. April 18 (live online)
- Sunday April 19 (live online)
- Tuesday April 21 (flexible)
- Thursday April 23 (flexible)
Come explore child-friendly yoga philosophy to awaken the imagination! This Certificate includes:
Tested lesson plans for Children's yoga, including how to introduce yoga and meditation in your first classes,
Teen Yoga lesson plans.
How to take your classes to the next level, to include child-friendly yoga philosophy and tools, and connect with children to gain cooperation.
The Kids Yoga Class Creator, an intuitive template to organize your own Lesson Plans.
Yoga Breathing techniques to reduce stress.
Mindful games, songs and stories that empower youth.
Tools for self-regulation, healthy movement, and happiness.
16 Hour Certificate
- Sat. April 25 (live online)
- Sunday April 26 (live online)
- Tuesday April 28 (flexible)
- Thursday April 30 (flexible)
Accommodate Children with a Variety of Needs in Your Classes. Discover effective techniques to bring yoga to all children. This Certificate includes:
Understanding children with special needs, including children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), Anxiety, and Different Abilities
Yoga for Boys as a special population and the Yoga Man Sun Salutation Activities PDF for home printing.
Comparisons of yoga for kids in a typical class and yoga with kids with different needs.
Sample lesson plans.
How to set up your classroom.
Use of Visual Schedules and Visual Antecedent Procedures to ease anxiety.
Strategies for involving parents, caregivers and teachers.
16 Hour Certificate
- Sat. May 9 (live online)
- Sunday May 10 (live online)
- Tuesday May 12 (flexible)
- Thursday May 14 (flexible)
PDF versions of the Yoga Alphabet in English and French, colour and black and white, and full page and 1/4 page sized.
Teach Yoga Properly: Our 5 Point Check gives you the principles of alignment for teaching yoga that can be used in all poses.
Best yoga activities for ages 3 – 15 years old including partner yoga poses.
Discover how the Alphabet is more than letters, it’s word games and storytelling too! Utilize Literacy and Storytelling Games that make yoga fun and enhance spelling and other school lessons.
Relaxation techniques that calm kids at the beginning of class, how to re-gain focus throughout your lesson plan, and provide much needed relaxation at the end of class.
Chakras for Children, Family Yoga, and Kids Yoga Bundle
16 Hour Certificate
- Sat. May 16 (live online)
- Sunday May 17 (live online)
- Tuesday May 19 (flexible)
- Thursday May 21 (flexible)
Teach school-age children to build on their innate talents while exploring the Chakras as tools for Social and Emotional Learning.
Chakras for Children Activity PDF
Family Yoga and Mommy & Me Yoga Lesson Plans to create positive experiences in yoga class that encourage children to connect with parents and parents to connect with kids.
Stories, songs, games, tips, and tools for a fun and meaningful kids yoga experience.
Includes Brave, Strong, Calm, and Steady colouring page PDF's.
Mindfulness for Children
16 Hour Certificate
- Sat. May 23 (live online)
- Sunday May 24 (live online)
- Tuesday May 26 (flexible)
- Thursday May 28 (flexible)
Learn the various ways Mindfulness can be practiced to calm both teachers and students and help them get ready to learn.
Get effective tools including the Meditations for Growing Minds Album and Activities to support you in introducing Mindfulness to Children.
Explore breathing tools that kids can practice anytime, anywhere, to help calm the brain, and learn why they work.
Get ideas to use the Balancing Eagle in yoga poses, stretching, and on the desk.
Utilize Mindfulness in everyday activities that don’t a lot of take extra time.
Practice kid-friendly games and activities that promote Social and Emotional Learning and enhance relationships and communities.
Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning
16 Hour Certificate
- Sat. June 6 (live online)
- Sunday June 7 (live online)
- Tuesday June 9 (flexible)
- Thursday June 11 (flexible)
In this Mastermind group, you will get clear on your next steps. During the Open Space Learning you will work with others who share similar goals to break down your goals into achievable actions to move you forward.
Curriculum Design for your Yoga program, kids yoga camps, or classroom.
Authentic and Ethical Business Practices
How to Price Your Services.
Do’s and Don’ts of Advertising
Networking and Advertising: What works and what is a waste of money.
5 Essentially Free On-line Resources that can help you build your Yoga Classes, network, advertise, and keep in touch.
Create an Action Plan of Your Next Steps
- Themes and Dreams (16 Hour Certificate): April 18, 19, 21, 23
- Inclusive Yoga (16 Hour Certificate): April 25, 26, 28, 30
- Yoga Literacy (16 Hour Certificate): May 9, 10, 12, 14
- Family Yoga, Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training (School Age), and Chakras for Children: May 16, 17, 19, 21
- Mindfulness for Children (16 Hour Certificate): May 23, 24, 26, 28
- Level 2: Mastermind Curriculum Design and Business Planning (16 Hour Certificate): June 6, 7, 9, 11
Hours and Format of Training:
The Kids Yoga Teacher Certification 95 Hour Certification includes:
Saturday and Sunday Live Online: we meet using Zoom on the weekends of the training (approx. 10 hours live/online per weekend)
- 9 - 11:30 am,
- 2 - 4:30 pm.
Online "office hours" you can meet live online during the office hours to support you to prepare and deliver your practicum classes (if you can't make these live, you can watch the video recordings of these meetings):
- Tuesday's 9 - 11:30 am: we meet to review your plan for your practicum class,
- Thursday's 9 - 11:30 am: you report back of your practicum class for each module.
Online Resources: you will have access to video recordings, quizzes, and PDF's of the manuals for you to complete and/or pint on your own schedule:
- you have the option to make up missed sessions by watching the video recordings if you are called back to work or your schedule changes and you can't make the live classes.
Certificate of Completion: You receive a Certificate from Young Yoga Masters for each Module you successfully complete. You may take as many Modules of training as you wish and start teaching what you learn right away!
Expectations to Receive Your Certificate at the Completion of the Training:
At this time Yoga Alliance has permitted online training till June 30, 2020. The last day of our training is June 11, 2020 and all work must be completed and submitted by June 30, 2020. This deadline will only be extended if Yoga Alliance allows for extensions.
- Online Training: you attend the live online training on the weekend. This is recommended, however, if needed, you can make up these sessions by watching the replay,
- Practicum Planning: you participate in the practicum planning with your small group (either live or by watching the replay)
- Practice Teaching to Children: You teach 1 x 40 min kids yoga class per 16 Hour module (total of 4 hours as lead teacher by the end of the 96 Hour program). These classes can be taught in person in your own home to your own children, or online to other children, or by doing a live video of you teaching your kids yoga lesson plan. Students will be required to report back on their classes (on Thursdays) or by written report through learning portal.
96 Hour Certificate: Each hour of this training counts towards your 96 Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Certificate with Young Yoga Masters' Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School*. When you successfully complete all Modules and practicum requirements, you will also receive your 96 Hour Certificate that Yoga Alliance, Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT's) can use towards the Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT) designation.
About the 95 Hour Training
The Training is Now Available in an Online Format
This Training was Incredible!
This training program was incredible! We learned so many techniques to really be able to teach a group of children. The wealth of information and continued support has been so valuable!
- Jess K., Graduate 95 Hour Certification, 2016
5 out of 5 Stars!
I found this training absolutely fabulous. I feel comfortable teaching every age group. Now I know how to plan curriculum for teenagers, preschools, and school age. I absolutely recommend this course!
- Melissa R. Graduate of 2014 Summer Certification
Take a Look Inside the live Kids Yoga Teacher Training
A Safe, Friendly, Positive Learning Environment
Aruna shares a wealth of experience and information, fosters a safe, friendly, positive learning environment, and provides each participant a wealth of resources and props they can use to help find their personal voice, style, and path as children's yoga teachers.
- Becky B., Graduate of 2019 Summer Certification
Loved my training with Young Yoga Masters
I absolutely loved my training with Young Yoga Masters. I already had considerable amount of training and experience working with children and yoga before coming to this training. Even so I was blown away by the scope of the training, the amount of material we were able to cover, the huge number of new ideas, inspiration and resources I was given access to, and the friendliness and knowledge of the lead trainers. I would recommend this program 100%
- Cindi S. Graduate of 2019 Summer Certification
Praise for the Young Yoga Masters Kids Yoga Training
This is the first time Yoga Alliance has permitted the 95 Hour Certification to be offered online. We will be paying special attention to everyone registered in this Training to make we give you a great experience! The material you learn is the same as in the in-person Training.
Young Yoga Masters has been delivering a quality 95 Hour Training since 2012. These reviews are from the Yoga Alliance website and live testimonials like this one from graduates if the 2018 Summer Certification Intensive:
Become a Kids Yoga Teacher
Get your 96 Hour Certificate with Young Yoga Masters, Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School.
Yoga Alliance has permitted online training only until June 30, 2020.
Reserve your spot in the online training today!