Inclusive Yoga - Kids Yoga Teacher Training
This 16 Hour Module includes:
- 14 Hours of self-paced training
- 3 hours Practicum Teaching and Self-Reflection
- Certificate of completion for 16 Hours of training that counts towards your 96 Hour Certificate with Young Yoga Masters, a Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School
You Can Accommodate Children with a Variety of Needs in Your Classes!
All children come with a unique set of needs. Discover effective techniques to bring yoga to all children. This Certificate gives you an introduction to Inclusive Yoga with information, resources, and class plans for groups that are not always represented in typical yoga materials.
- Introduction to understanding children with special needs, including children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), Anxiety, and Different Abilities
- Yoga for Boys as a special population – so boys don’t continue to think of yoga as a “girl thing.”
- Yoga Sensitivity – how to introduce yoga to children in a way that respects all cultures, religions, and those of no religion that is extremely school friendly too.
- Guest Teacher - Raven McRorie: We examine the report on racism in the school system and what that means for BIPOC as students and teachers.
- Guest Teacher - Yasuko Tanaka: Teaching Yoga to children on the Autism Spectrum
- Comparisons of a session with kids in a typical yoga class and yoga with kids with different needs.
- Sample lesson plans for children of different ages using specialized props and stories to enhance the teachings.
- How to set up your classroom to minimize distracting elements.
- Use of Visual Schedules and Visual Antecedent Procedures to ease anxiety.
- Strategies for involving and interviewing parents, caregivers and teachers.
- Using the poses of the Sun Salutation to engage children in short yoga exercises and longer sequences.
- Yoga Practicum: Observe your trainers teaching kids yoga classes and plan and teach a 40 minute yoga class to children
- And much more…
Inclusive Yoga: 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
Discover effective techniques to bring yoga to all children!
- How this Module Will Work
- Office Hours and Course Completion Check-in Appointment
- Join the Teacher's Facebook Group
- Stay Connected - Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
- Use this Spotify Playlist for Sun Salutation Songs and More
- PDF - Inclusive Yoga - Master List of Activities
- PDF - Inclusive Yoga - Manual to Print Double Sided
- PDF - Worksheets to Print for Training
- PDF's - Yoga Man Coloring Pages
- PDF - Teaching Children with ASD - Yasuko Tanaka Presentation
- Recommended Resources - Inclusive Yoga Module
- Alignment in the Sun Salutation and Practicum Pictures and Videos (69:59)
- The Stressed Out Sun Salutation p. 132 (27:14)
- Orbit the Sun Activity p. 146 (9:57)
- Eye Pillows, Yoga Toss, and the Quiet Zone p. 72 - 79 (24:08)
- Find a Pose Freeze Dance (p. 120), Chimes and Singing Bowl Activities (p. 72) Lesson Plan (41:11)
Save Over $50 with Online Training
Online training gives you no-frills pricing for extra savings. You get PDF versions of all Manuals and Activity Pages that you save and print when you want. Everything is online, no materials are mailed to you.
Your 16 Hour Certificate is issued online at the successful completion of all module course work.
Register and Start Today:
There are 2 steps to complete your registration for the 96 Hour Certification:
- Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy. By registering you acknowledge your agreement with the Release and Waiver Form and Refund Policy.
- Complete your payment and registration from the options below.
Once your payment is complete, you will have instant access to the training.
Save with the 96 Hour Training Bundle!
Take this Training as Part of the 96 Hour Certification and save over $450
Find out more about the full 96 Hour Certificate here.