You Can Accommodate Children with a Variety of Needs in Your Classes!
All children come with a unique set of needs. Discover effective techniques to bring yoga to all children. This Certificate gives you an introduction to Inclusive Yoga with information, resources, and class plans for groups that are not always represented in typical yoga materials.
- Introduction to understanding children with special needs, including children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), Anxiety, and Different Abilities
- Yoga for Boys as a special population – so boys don’t continue to think of yoga as a “girl thing.”
- Yoga Sensitivity – how to introduce yoga to children in a way that respects all cultures, religions, and those of no religion that is extremely school friendly too.
- Comparisons of a session with kids in a typical yoga class and yoga with kids with different needs.
- Sample lesson plans for children of different ages using specialized props and stories to enhance the teachings.
- How to set up your classroom to minimize distracting elements.
- Use of Visual Schedules and Visual Antecedent Procedures to ease anxiety.
- Strategies for involving and interviewing parents, caregivers and teachers.
- Using the poses of the Sun Salutation to engage children in short yoga exercises and longer sequences.
- Yoga Camp Practicum: Three hours of yoga classes with children where you will observe Aruna teaching the kids, then teach with your colleagues from the assigned curriculum. Aruna will be guiding you throughout the camp to give everyone a beautiful experience of kids yoga.
- And much more…
Inclusive Yoga: 16 Hour Kids Yoga Teacher Certificate
Discover effective techniques to bring yoga to all children!
- How this Module Will Work
- Your Link to Join the Live Zoom Calls
- Join the Teacher's Facebook Group
- Stay Connected - Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
- Use this Spotify Playlist for Sun Salutation Songs and More
- PDF - Inclusive Yoga - Master List of Activities
- PDF - Inclusive Yoga - Manual to Print Double Sided
- PDF - Worksheets to Print for Training
- PDF's - Yoga Man Coloring Pages
- PDF - Teaching Children with ASD - Yasuko Tanaka Presentation
- Recommended Resources - Inclusive Yoga Module
- VIDEO - How to Access Course Materials (12:10)
- VIDEO - Teaching Inclusive Yoga - Understanding Stress, Stressor and Stress Load (34:39)
- VIDEO - Sun Salutation - Find a Pose Freeze Dance Game (23:54)
- VIDEO - Stressor vs Stress Response - Stand Up Sit Down Game (30:40)
- VIDEO - Reflecting on Sun Salutation with Stress Load Example (18:54)
- VIDEO - Reflecting on What is Stress - Wise Owl Meditation (12:45)
- VIDEO - Utilizing Visual Schedule in Kids Yoga Class (69:12)
- VIDEO - Yoga with Sun Salutation Songs, Grow with the Flow, Mirror Mirror (37:00)
- VIDEO - Practicum Observation - Class Setting Up a Yoga Obstacle Course (26:30)
- VIDEO - Discussion Obstacle Course and Stations in Kids Yoga Class (16:13)
- Word File - Reflection on Practicum
- VIDEO - Practicum Observation - Super Yoga Golf, Stand Up Sit Down (26:56)
- VIDEO - Explanation of yoga passport and visual schedules (65:30)
- VIDEO - Discussion of quiet area, visual schedules, and organizing your props for a yoga class (4:19)
- VIDEO - Demonstration of yoga passport, obstacle course and games (46:03)
- Groups and Schedule for Group Presentations
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan - ASD with Micaela, Helen, Kelly B (21:32)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan - Physical Accommodations: Kelly O, Fay, Katherine (18:35)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan Anxiety Ages 4 - 7 years: Danusia, Trish, Kris (22:47)
- VIDEO, Visual Schedules, Lesson Plan Anxiety Ages 8 - 12 years: Lisa, Wendy, Jacqueline (17:17)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan Anxiety Teens: Becky, Fazila, Neha (19:15)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan Hearing Impaired: Sarah, Oline (14:41)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan - At Risk Youth - Sashikala and Irene (17:51)
- VIDEO - Lesson Plan - ADHD: Dee and Flo (8:14)
- VIDEO - Group Discussion on Lessons Learned from Teaching your Practicum Class (9:16)
- Report Back: Yoga for ADHD - Diane
- Report Back: Yoga Obstacle Course and Stress Load Lesson Plans - Lisa
Registration and Pricing for 16 Hour Certification:
Regular Price: $425*
$50 Savings with Special Online Training Price
*Plus applicable taxes.
This amount is in Canadian dollars. Please check your currency.
Online training gives you no-frills pricing for extra savings. Students can print their own manuals from PDF's provided. Students have the option of purchasing props from a list of recommended resources.
Your 16 Hour Certificate from our Yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga School, is emailed to you at the successful completion of all modules and course work.
Partial Scholarships: Those whose income has been interrupted may request a code for a partial scholarship when they complete the Course Application. The maximum scholarship is $100 OFF per 16 Hour Certificate.
3 Step Registration Process
There are 3 steps to complete your registration for the 16 Hour Certificate.
- Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy. By registering you acknowledge your agreement with the Release and Waiver Form and Refund Policy.
- Complete the Course Application here.
- Remit your payment online or through e-transfer.
Your registration is not confirmed until payment and application form are received.
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Review the Course Release, Waiver and Refund Policy Here.
Save with the 95 Hour Training Bundle!
Sign up for the entire 95 Hour Certificate and save $510
16 Hour Training: $375*
96 Hour Training: $1740* (That's $290 per 16 Hour Module)
*plus applicable taxes
Find out more about the full 95 Hour Certificate here.